Q: When I manually download the app it seems to take longer for the pages to turn. Why is that?
A: When you receive an auto-download the entire edition of the paper has downloaded and ‘unpacked’ by the time you open it. However, when you manually download the edition there is a period of between 90 seconds and three minutes in which the app continues to ‘unpack’ the edition - finalising the download. This is noticeable when you flick quickly through the pages. If you have a Retina screen iPad 3 it takes longer to unpack the edition than if you have an iPad 1 or 2. Wait a few minutes for the whole edition to unpack and you can turn freely and rapidly through the edition pages.
- Q: I am getting the message “Accessing Apple Store” or “Loading” but nothing happens.
- Q: I am unable to get my e-edition download when at work or in some public Wi-Fi zones.
- Q: I have just got the app but can’t get any back issues in my archive under ‘Home’.
- Q: Will download sizes limit my ability to get the e-edition each day?
- Q: Will downloading the app abroad affect my 3G contract limits?
- View all (28 more)